FREE USA SHIPPING on all orders over $125
March 04, 2021 0 Comments
Running out of gift ideas for the special cook in your life? Look no further! We rounded up a list of unique gift recommendations that anyone who loves to cook will surely appreciate. We’ve got cute, we’ve got fancy, we’ve got gadgets and above all, we’ve got the most useful kitchen stuff that will make cooking more like a score than a chore! Let’s get started!
Whether your friend is cooking up Top Chef inspired meals or setting up for independent life after graduation, these gifts will certainly inspire him to do better in the kitchen:
1. Lodge Cast Iron Skillet 15” - You can’t go wrong with this reliable cast iron pan from Lodge. It’s big, affordable, ready to use (pre-seasoned) and perfect for someone who’s just starting out in the kitchen. Great for all kinds of tasks like searing, sautéing, frying and if you learn how to season cast iron, this skillet will perform for decades!
2. Earlywood’s Flat Sauté Set - Get ready for some oohs and aahs with this 3-piece wooden spatula set. Ain’t it a beauty? Each piece is quite the multi-tasker too! We’re telling you, this set is perfect for stir-frying fried rice to tossing salads... everything in between and it’s the perfect pair with that 15” Lodge Cast Iron Pan.
3. New West KnifeWorks Gift Certificate - A sharp knife is every chef’s best friend. There’s really only three types of knives a cook needs: a chef’s knife, a paring knife and a serrated knife. However, knife selection is a really personal (slightly touchy) subject. There’s a lot of factors to consider that differ from one cook to another. It’s best to give them a gift certificate from a trusted knife store like New West KnifeWorks instead!
4. Swissmar V-Slicer + Mandoline - While your aspiring chef is sharpening his knife skills, why not give him a little something that will make slicing veggies way easier? This America’s Test Kitchen approved mandoline from Swissmar is perfect for thinly sliced veggies or for cute waffle-cut French fries! We happen to like having the tips of our thumbs, so you best throw in this cut-resistant safety glove to avoid knicks and injuries.
So they already have every kind of tool in their cooking arsenal, what else can you possibly give them? If you’re stumped and looking for something special for the chef who has everything, these gifts might tickle their fancy:
1. Exotic Spices: The Spice Trader - This set of exotic spices will surely make your all-star chef happy! With herbs like Aleppo pepper and white truffle salt, these spices will add a unique twist to any regular dish.
2. Staub 1 Quart Round Tea Kettle - How tea-rrific is this little tea pot?! Aside from the cute, minimalist design, it’s really functional too. This round teapot has a beautiful cast-iron exterior, a matte enamel interior and a very convenient pouring spout. Perfect for the tea aficionado!
3. Zalto Denk’Art Universal Glass - Wine connoisseur or not, any cook will appreciate this gorgeous universal wine glass from Zalto! It’s extremely lightweight, delicate, beautifully shaped and will definitely take wine tasting to the next level.
4. Earlywood’s Classic Ladle - A classic ladle is such a staple in every chef’s kitchen. It’s a practical gift that is perfect for scooping hot stews and homemade soups. Make it a little fancy though with Earlywood’s Classic Ladle which isn’t just your average serving utensil. It’s hand crafted from high quality hardwood making it quite elegant, beautiful and truly a work of art!
For the star baker who has watched every episode of The Great British Bake Off, here are some fun gifts that will make their day:
1. Earlywood’s French Rolling Pin - As Julia Child puts it, out with the baker’s rolling pin, in with the French rolling pin! Don’t let the fancy name fool you, this type of wooden rolling pin is actually very simple to use because it’s lightweight and has slightly tapered ends. The design makes it very easy to control and maneuver so it’s great for perfectly rolled pies and soft breads.
2. Emile Henry Pie Dish - This pretty pie dish from Emile Henry will make your favorite baker extra happy. It’s made from HR ceramic which is the secret to perfectly baked pies every time! It’s the best dish for apple pie, rhubarb pie, chicken pot pie, seriously any kind of pie!
3. The Samurai Baking Steel - In search for the perfect pizza crust? Well, anyone can definitely make it at home using this ingenious baking steel from Dough Joe. Trust us when we say that this product is a game changer specifically for baking thin-crust, New York style pizza. Works great for baguettes, focaccia and tortillas too!
These gifts are for the king of the grill who can’t stop grilling even if it’s not yet Labor Day:
1. Thermapen Mk4 - Here’s the thing: it’s kinda hard to eyeball a steak’s cooking temp or even measure it by doing the touch test (ala Gordon Ramsay). A Thermapen is the best way to measure without second guessing. You won’t worry about your meat being too raw with this tool in your pocket!
2. The Brighter Barbecue Grill Light - Grilling at night is totally fun if you have the right kind of lights. This grill light from Hammacher Schlemmer is compact, bright and can be easily attached to any grill handle. It's also weatherproof and has an auto shutoff feature.
3. Earlywood’s Wooden Tongs - A good pair of tongs is essential when grilling meats. This pair of wooden tongs is a great gift for any avid griller. It’s got the perfect length, a comfy grip and is easy to use with any kind of meat, veggies, etc.
4. Meat Church “The Ocho” - These BBQ rubs are probably in every griller’s wish list. You know, stuff that they would love to have to but feel too guilty to splurge on! So why not be their secret Santa (even if it’s not yet the holidays) and give them this 8-piece set of rubs from Meat Church? It includes must try best sellers like Holy Voodoo and Holy Gospel!
For the cooks that are into anything SMART i.e. smart oven, smart toaster, smart refrigerator, these tech gadgets are great additions to their cooking arsenal:
1. Cuisinart Immersion Blender - Let’s get one thing straight... An immersion blender won’t necessarily replace a standard blender or a food processor. But it does have its place in a techie’s kitchen! It’s compact, very easy to use and only takes a few seconds to clean. Whip it out for small tasks like making soups, homemade mayonnaise or even smoothies!
2. Anova Precision Cooker Nano - Sous vide - which is a slow cooking technique - seems quite fancy and complicated. But it’s really not! All anyone really needs are some freezer bags, a deep skillet and most importantly... an immersion circulator! This Anova Precision Cooker Nano is a great tool for someone who’s just getting into the world of sous vide.
3. Echo Show - Alexa, show me easy 15-minute recipes for dinner. Alexa, play my Cooking with Fire playlist. Alexa, how many tablespoons are in a half cup? Definitely a smart gift for the techie chef!
4. SodaStream Fizzi Starter Pack - For fresh, sparkling water right in the comfort of your techie friend’s kitchen! This is a fun present for anyone who loves drinking carbonated beverages.
Looking for the perfect gift for the vegan chef? Don’t fret! Choose from these vegan-friendly presents (who knows, you might pick up a thing or two for yourself too!):
1. Vegan Cheese Basket - Oooh, vegan cheese is dangerous territory! It’s hard to find vegan cheese that’s actually yummy and not at all goopy texture wise. Hopefully, these plant-based alternatives will satisfy your vegan friend’s cheese cravings:
✓ Miyoko’s Vegan Mozzarella: A bit expensive but honestly the best vegan mozzarella for pizzas, paninis and even pastas!
✓ Chao Cheese Creamy Original Slices: Hands down, the creamiest, meltiest vegan cheese perfect for grilled sandwiches and burgers.
✓ Violife Cheddar Slices: Great for snacking on its own or for grilled cheddar cheese sandwiches!
✓ Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese: Creamy and smooth texture is almost the same as regular cream cheese! Best for spreading on a bagel, as dipping on chips and basically as a substitute for regular cream cheese.
Want to make your vegan cheese basket extra special? Throw in this spreader set from Earlywood to make cheese tasting more fabulous.
2. Grow Your Pantry Bamboo Tofu Press - Pressing tofu just got a whole lot easier with this nifty little device! It can quickly remove excess water from tofu without resorting to using heavy books or wasting a bunch of paper towels. Bye bye soggy tofu!
3. Mepal Nested Storage Bowls - Your vegan friend will absolutely love this set of nesting storage bowls from Mepal. These containers are both fun and functional! The lids fit great and are easy to remove. The classy, minimalist design means they can go straight from the fridge to the dining table!
4. KitchenAid 5-Blade Spiralizer - Turn zucchini to zoodles (that’s zucchini noodles y’all) real quick with this spiralizer from KitchenAid! Works for most kinds of veggies, even carrots, sweet potatoes and turnips. A really fun and functional gift even for non-vegans.
They take health is wealth to another level so it’s only right to give them something that will help them in their fitness journey:
1. Soehnle Kitchen Scale - This digital scale from Soehnle is a handy tool for meal prep or for weighing food for portion control. No guessing or eyeballing anymore which is especially helpful for those who are counting calories or just want to lose a few pounds.
2. The Breville Boss To Go Sport - For quick morning smoothies, nothing beats a compact and easy to use personal blender like this one from Breville. This mini blender does the job and does it well. It's great for blending perfectly smooth juices and shakes! Did we mention it's such a cinch to clean too??
3. Stone Creek Fermenting Crock - A fermentation crock is a great gift for the health nut who wants to try their hand on making fermented food. This one from Stone Creek is the perfect size (not too big) and features a waterseal airlock to prevent mold formation. Get ready for some yummy homemade sauerkraut and kimchi!
4. OXO Steel Salad Spinner - Hey, if Alton Brown uses this unitasker, there must be a reason, right? This isn’t the exact model he uses but we love the stainless steel design because it can go from spinning to serving real quick. It’s dishwasher safe, easy to take apart and has a non-slip bottom.
Want to impress your coffee-loving friend? Here’s a whole latte presents to choose from:
1. Zojirushi Stainless Steel Travel Mug - This is probably the Cadillac of coffee thermoses! Seriously lasts forever and keeps coffee hot (or cold) all day long. It’s also leak proof and very easy to clean.
2. SMEG Electric Milk Frother - Latte at home? Milky, frothy dalgona coffee, why not? This frother from SMEG makes the thickest, fluffiest milk without any effort. Just plug it in, pour in the milk and instant froth. No whisking for hours or messing around with your French press.
3. Airscape Coffee Storage Canister - Because you can never have enough bean storage especially if you’re a coffee addict! This canister from Airscape is sleek and stylish, perfect for showing off on a countertop. It also keeps beans fresh longer thanks to the airtight lid design.
4. Earlywood’s Wooden Tasting Spoon Set - Each piece of this wooden tasting spoon set is beautifully handcrafted. The long handle is great for scooping freshly roasted beans or for stirring hot coffee. Can be gifted as a set or split up as a gift to several people (or to keep a few pieces for yourself, we won’t tell).
For their yummy casserole and secret chili recipe, say thank you to your awesome mom, stepmom, grandma, etc. with these fun (and practical) gift ideas:
1. Turkish Dish Towels - A simple yet very useful gift for the moms who spend a lot of time in their kitchen. These Turkish dish towels are quite absorbent and available in cute colors.
2. Earlywood’s Serving Spoon Set - This set of serving spoons will be a hit during parties! Each spoon is so unique and beautifully handcrafted. You can either gift the set as a whole or split it up for all the ladies in your life.
3. Black+Decker Air Fryer - Chicken, fries and everything nice can go in this mini air fryer from Black+Decker. It makes frying easy and a lot healthier!
4. Peugeot Tahiti Salt and Pepper Grinder Set - Nothing compares to freshly ground spices (particularly pepper). Any mom can rock it old school with a mortar and pestle but a little fancy won’t hurt anybody. Like this super elegant salt and pepper grinder from Peugeot! Such a special gift for such a special lady, don’t you think?
He’s not-so-secretly a fan of Bobby Flay and Guy Fieri and has recreated most (if not all) of their famous recipes. Here are some gift ideas for the most important men in your life:
1. Earlywood’s Tera Scraper - This versatile scraper is all dad needs for his kitchen adventures! It’s sturdy and has a practical angled design which is the key to it being such a multi-tasker. Great for deglazing pans, searing meats and more!
2. Torchbearer Hot Sauce Set - For the men who like it super hot, give them this set of spicy sauces that will set their taste buds on fire! These sauces definitely deliver on the hotness scale but still have that nice flavor to them. Torchbearer has also been featured on Seasons 3 and 4 of Hot Ones!
3. All-Clad Stainless Gratins - This set of two pans from All-Clad are ideal for cooking individual servings of meals or for prepping side dishes. Perfect for both oven or stove-top cooking!
4. RTIC Soft Cooler - A solid and rugged cooler for the men who love going camping or road tripping! Got to have cold drinks on the go, right?
We hope you got inspired with these gift ideas! Don’t forget to bookmark this page so you’ll have a bunch of options for future holidays and gift-giving events.
- The Earlywood Team
June 07, 2022 0 Comments
Hey guys it's Brad from Earlywood here, trying to answer a question that we get pretty often.
I've got one of our new big tera scrapers right here. From time to time we get emails from people when the ends on their tera scrapers are kind of mushroomed out like this and kind of fuzzy and not quite as sharp as they used to be. I've never really had this problem too much with my tera scrapers but I know it happens.
June 29, 2021 0 Comments
April 29, 2021 0 Comments